CS50x2 Spring 2013
Information for CS5012/5022/5032 Accelerated Structured Programming/Object-Oriented Programming/Data Structures, Spring 2013 will be posted here.
|Mr. Jason L Causey|
|Office||CSM 130||Office Hours||Office hours for Spring 2022 will be announced soon. For now, Zoom and in-person meetings are available by appointment.|
|Meeting Time||Meeting Room|
|Lecture:||2:00-3:15 p.m. MTWR||CSM 212|
Syllabus and Other Information
Lecture Homework Material
The material listed here should normally be accessed by first visiting the CSCADE website and using the Material link to link back here. Viewing this material directly from here could result in parts or all of the instructions being hidden.
List of Available Assignments
Software Download Links
- Komodo Edit
- http://www.openkomodo.com/ Komodo Edit is an open-source and free-for-personal-use programmer's code editor. It is available for all major platforms.
- This is the GNU C++ compiler. Most Linux systems have this installed already... If not, Google for installation instructions. Mac users can install it by installing XCode.
- http://www.bloodshed.net/dev/devcpp.html This is for Windows users only. It is an editor and compiler (based on the g++ compiler) for Windows.
- An ssh and sftp client
- See the SSH and SCP Clients section below for several options.
This course has access to a Linux-based virtual machine at the IP address
188.8.131.52. Students may log into the virtual machine using the ssh (Secure Shell) protocol. Your username and password are the same as you use to log into CSCADE.
SSH and SCP Clients
In order to log into the virtual machine, you need an ssh client. Mac and Linux users can access the command shell through a Terminal window by executing the ssh command (type man ssh for instructions). To transfer files, either use Komodo to "Save Remotely" and "Open Remote File", or use a secure file-transfer (scp or sftp) client. Below are some download links.
- SSH Secure Shell Client
- The SSH client includes both shell and file transfer abilities. (Windows)
- Also provides both shell and file transfer abilities. (Windows)
- ftp/sftp client available for all major platforms. (Linux, OS-X, Windows)
- A popular ftp/sftp client for Mac OS-X is now also available for Windows. (OS-X, Windows)
- gFTP is a graphical secure FTP client for Linux. Available as source or in .deb packages (for e.g. Ubuntu). Again, you can do ssh from the Terminal, but gFTP will make transferring files easier.