Last Update: August 29, 2011
This page describes how to install GhostView on a Windows machine. For more information on GhostView, take a look at the GhostView website.
- GhostView - graphical interface for GhostScript. You only need to install this if you installed GhostScript. This program cannot be installed without GhostScript.
Where applicable, a screen shot of the install step is provided below the instructions.
- Download the latest GhostView Installer from the site listed in the Software section above. Make sure to download the version appropriate for your Operating System.
- Double click the executable file downloaded in the previous step.
- Click "Setup" on the Extraction Dialog screen.".
- Click "Next" on the GSview install screen.
- Click "Next" on the GSview Copyright Notice screen.
- Make sure that the "Associate PostScript files with GhostView" options is selected. If you do not have another PDF viewer installed and do not plan on installing on, select to option to associate PDF files with GhostView as well.
- Leave the deafult Installation Directory as is and click "Next".
- If the directory from the previous step does not exist, the installer will create the directory. Click "Next" to have the directory created during the install process.
- Make sure the "Create Folder" and "All Users" options are selected and click "Finish".
- Once the installation has completed, click on "Exit" to close the installer. You can also close the Windows Explorer window that the installer open showing the contents of the startup folder it created.