From A-State Computer Science Wiki
- Summer 2018 Opportunities for Undergraduate Students to learn about Biostatistics
- Six Summer Institutes in Biostatistics (SIBS) are scheduled for the summer of 2018. SIBS are open to all US undergraduate and beginning graduate students (US citizens or permanent residents) and are sponsored by the National Heart, Lung, and Blood Institute and the National Center for Research Resources. The programs have been very successful, but space is limited!
- SIBS is offered at six sites: Boston University, Emory University, University of Colorado Denver, University of Iowa, University of Minnesota, and North Carolina State University-Duke Clinical Research Institute.
- SIBS introduces quantitatively oriented participants to Biostatistics. Students learn about the applications of statistical methods to biomedical research through coursework and hands-on experience working with real data collected in major clinical studies. Each of the program sites has its own unique features, but they all have a well-conceived, balanced agenda and an outstanding staff of dedicated investigators and professors. No specific training in statistics is required as a prerequisite.
- Participants receive college credit that can transfer back to their home institutions. All costs are covered including tuition, housing, and all meals. Students may apply to more than one program, but should accept only one.
- For more information, including dates for summer 2018 and online applications to individual programs, please visit our program web sites:
Graduate Student Travel
- A-State Graduate School
- The Graduate School has funding available for travel support for graduate students to present their research findings at a conference. Individual student awards of one-half the total A-State reimbursable expenses (up to a maximum of $400 from the Graduate School) is available.
Scholarships and Fellowships
- Guido Hassin Scholarship for Science Majors
- Arkansas Academy of Computing
- Optus Salesforce.com Administrator (posted on February 14, 2018)
- Optus is seeking a Salesforce.com Administrator and will interview candidates Wednesday, Feb 21. If you know anyone who has graduated and still looking for an opportunity, please encourage them to apply. Also, this opportunity is open to May 2018 graduates.
- Description: The role of the Salesforce.com Administrator is to facilitate the implementation and support of the Salesforce (SFDC) platform and to plan, design, develop and launch other business operations, program practices, and projects.
- ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following:
- Salesforce Administration
- Work closely with outside implementation partner to implement Salesforce solution.
- Consult with departments across the company to understand, document and analyze business requirements.
- Maintain user roles and profiles, security settings, access settings etc. (User Profiles, Role Hierarchy, Sharing Rules and Security).
- Create and manage custom objects, fields, formulas, validation rules, and custom workflows.
- Drive and increase user adoption and ensure user satisfaction, including developing, documenting, and delivering training.
- Perform data integrity and manipulation tasks such as merging duplicate records.
- Design and deploy custom dashboards and reports.
- Design, build, test and deploy enhancements to objects, page layouts, workflows, and alerts within Salesforce.
- Maintain and support integrations between SFDC and existing systems.
- Maintain knowledge of new and trending Salesforce functionality to recommend improvements.
- Implement a Change Management processes to control the fix / enhancement lifecycle, from identification and approval, through implementation across Sandbox and Production instances.
- Qualifying Majors:
- Computer Science
- This opportunity is also open to international students.
- How to apply: email resume to email@example.com
- Application and Database Developer at EPA in Raleigh-Durham, NC (posted on February 14, 2018)
- Hiring Bachelor’s grad in computer science/engineering, computational biology, or info science to work at EPA!
- The EPA Environmental Research and Business Support Program is searching for an Application and Database Developer with the Office of Research and Development at the EPA’s Research Triangle Park facility in Raleigh-Durham, NC.
- The Developer will be a member of a multi-disciplinary research team and will be trained to support the development, programming, testing and maintenance of multiple applications requiring access to chemical and biology databases that provides a foundation for all nanomaterial and nano-related programs.
- Full time, $20.96/hour;
- Must have earned a Bachelor’s degree in computer science/engineering, bioinformatics, computational biology, information science, or a related field; and
- Must have experience in application development and programming support for dynamic, database-driven applications.
- For the full position description and to apply, visit our website: https://zintellect.com/Posting/Details/4079
- Questions? Email EPAjobs@orau.org. To hear more about position openings like this, follow us on Twitter at @GovCareerPaths.
- EPA Epidemiology Database Full Time Position in Chapel Hill, NC (posted on Sept 28, 2017)
- Part time/Full time, Web Application / Full Stack Developer (Junior level) at Datasmart (posted on Sept 21, 2017)
- Enterprises: Datasmart Enterprises is seeking a junior developer to help maintain and enhance our existing web applications, work to develop new exciting applications for new markets. Our primary web application is Chem-Man, use by the agriculture aviation and chemical application industry to map and assign scheduled jobs and invoice customers.
- Basic duties include:
- Working with the dev team leaders on general maintenance, bug fixes, and project development in an Agile-like environment
- Participating in design discussion of long term projects
- Assisting in technical documentation of new projects
- Creating and following test procedures for quality assurance
- 2+ years experience with most of the following:
- Basic Linux command-line functionality
- CSS (and transpilers such as Sass or LESS)
- JS libraries such as jQuery, Angular, and Vue.js
- GIS tools and formats, including libraries such as Google Maps and Leaflet
- SVN or Git
- AWS or similar cloud platforms
- Contact person: Regina Farmer
- email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- IT technician at Spirit Fitness (posted on Sept 21, 2017)
- Familiar with OS and network configuration
- Familiar with backing up and restoring OS and application
- Familiar with MS SQL Server operation including backing up and restoring database, manipulating data via SQL
- Fluent in Mandarin is a plus, but not required
- Please contact Dr. Su if you are interested in this.
- Tiger Correctional Services (Posted on July 31, 2017)
Internships and Part-Time Positions
- Blue Cross Summer Internship Program
- Nucor Corporation
- Big River Steel LLC
- Rural Sourcing Inc (RSI)
- Tech Friends
- AceOne Technologies
Research Opportunities for Undergraduates
- REU sites - Research Experiences for Undergraduates